Sunday, December 4, 2011











I'm a few days behind, but I wanted to share a new playlist with you for the holiday season.  We're officially 3 weeks away (how the F did that happen?) and hearing Christmas music suddenly feels right.

There are a few repeats on this collection. Forgive me, but there are a handful of songs I go back to year after year. Every holiday season, for me, includes Peggy Lee singing "The Christmas Waltz".  Enjoy, and have the merriest of holidays.


  1. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Bing Crosby
  2. Baby, It's Cold Outside - She & Him
  3. Frosty the Snowman - Fiona Apple
  4. Joy to the World - Sufjan Stevens
  5. Silver Bells - Rosemary Clooney
  6. The Christmas Waltz - Peggy Lee
  7. Winter Song - Sarah Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson
  8. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Tori Amos
  9. Count Your Blessings (Instead of Sheep) - Bing Crosby
10. The Merriest - June Christy
11. I Wanna Hippo For Christmas - Shirley Temple
12. Jingle all the Way - Lena Horne
13. Happy Holiday - Peggy Lee
14. Warm December - Julie London
15. That's What I Want for Christmas - Nancy Wilson
16. White Christmas - Peggy Lee
17. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Dean Martin
18. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Al Martino
19. Let It Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow - Wayne Newton
20. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Carmen McRae and Sammy Davis Jr.
21. River - Robert Downey Jr.
22. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
23. Deck the Halls - Nat King Cole
24. Good Morning Blues - Ella Fitzgerald


(Oh, and if you don't have it already, here's last year's mix.  Enjoy!)






5 comments:

  1. I imagine how you decorated your first Christmas tree while listening to this music! Thanks for including Sara Bareilles!
    (Did Jeff really let you use this Christmas card?! And where is yours?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Season's greetings to you and Jeff as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Played the tune-list for the kids this morning. Thanks for making me both hip and classic at the same time. And Merry Merry to you and Jeff. That sleeper is gorgeous; the splash of green velour pockets you just can't find anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, just wanted to thank-you for your amazing playlists. I just discovered your site and have downloaded all your lists. What an incredible find! Some I know and some I will now know. Thanks for making my day much more musical!

    ReplyDelete