Thursday, October 13, 2011










Yesterday I had the great pleasure of working with Ela and Martin (the team behind the super-chic handbag line Ela) on photos for their holiday line.  We shot in the ultra-impressive midtown apartment of Jennifer Ferreira (see more photos here, from Canadian House & Home) who let us run wild in her space.  I couldn't take my eyes off the architectural details and how the light crept over the walls, into all the nooks and crannies of this startling large apartment.  It just kept going!  Bright walls with high-gloss black doors, moulding for days and the most beautiful windows I've ever seen.  (Not to mention Jennifer's collection of stunning furniture and perfectly-arranged artwork and accessories.) 

It made good sense to shoot Ela's handbags here.  Like the space, these bags are elegant without being fussy, ensuring the wearer is the main attraction.  Her signature clutch (the M.I.L.C.K. - money, ID, lipstick, cell, keys) is a terrific, available in a variety of materials and finishes.  Holiday 2011 features the fur and leather, in black-on-black and a deep hunter green.  

And from the apartment to the bags to beautiful Ela herself, the whole thing was kind of pretty-overload.  I was dizzy!














(The outrageously attractive Ela and Martin at last week's Topshop dinner.)

3 comments:

  1. Will you please come and photograph my family and house and make us all look this grand. We will clean the house and everything. I'm not even joking. Spotless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the angles + curves in this series. Esp the one of the radiator... reminds me of vertebrae...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not quite sure how I stumbled onto your blog but I'm sure glad I did! Your photography is insanely good and I am developing an addiction...seriously!

    ReplyDelete