Monday, April 11, 2011








We're dreaming of getting back to the cottage.  Last year (after a two-week Spring temperature-spike) the ice on our lake vanished by April 18 and we were able to make our triumphant return.  If you're new to the blog, our cottage in Ontario's Muskoka region is accessible only by the sea, so to avoid a fate similar to the Titanic, all remnants of ice must be gone.  At this point, sadly, I don't think we'll beat last year's record.  But soon.

Last summer, after a bit of Cocktail Hour Booze Cruising, our docking didn't go as-planned.  You see, I'm not a particularly coordinated human.  When I was a kid, I fell down the stairs once a week.  I kicked myself in the ankles when I walked.  And I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 12.  

In this particular scenario, instead of jumping from the boat to the dock, I simply stepped right on into the lake.  Oopsie. But I'd give anything to be up to my tits, one flip flop down, in that water.  Soon.


7 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I feel your need for the cabin! I wish I had a cabin that was accessible only via boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that last picture is probably the funniest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, this is too funny. I too am dreaming of warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're missing a shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just got back from lake huron. my parents old cottage was in muskoka but this one is better because it's accessible by road. but you'll be happy to know there was no ice on the 18th when i was up there. my parents were all like "was there ice?" "did you take pictures? we want to see whether there's ice?!" even my brother asked me. i don't get it since it's road access but maybe they are trying to beat some kind of record like you!

    also, i love how you called it "the sea." i'm from victoria and when i booked a hotel room in toronto for the w/e i asked if it could have an "ocean view". the lady was like "uh, no."

    ReplyDelete