Tuesday, April 5, 2011









If I had to eat one thing every day for the rest of my life, it would be pizza.  It's a perfect food, satisfying on every level.  With a glass of icy-cold white wine, this rivals any of the fanciest meals I've ever enjoyed.  

For me, just-right-crust is thin and crisp at its edges with a soft, chewy pull at the thickest parts.  I don't like pizza with too much sauce.  And please don't put pineapple on mine.  I like it hot or cold, in a lovely restaurant, or standing over the sink in my boxer shorts.  Pizza cannot disappoint.

One of my all-time favourites is a simple, sauceless crust with potatoes.  Starch times two is fine by me.  Yukon Golds sliced thinly with a mandolin and layered atop lightly-oiled dough.  Fresh rosemary, torn roughly from the sprig, and big flakey chunks of Maldon.  A grate of fresh parmesan and a light douse of oil over the top and into a 500°F oven for 15 minutes until the crust is blistered and golden.  Serve with an ultra-basic salad of m√Ęche (nutty and mild) with a lemon-mustard vinaigrette.  Yum.  





18 comments:

  1. Oh my, just how I like it...thin and crispy...and potato and rosemary...I think I have died and gone to heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried potatoes on pizza but may just have to as that looks very tasty! My favorite pizza's are those from a wood fired oven - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent pics. Sure beats my leftovers for lunch. Mind you, it's leftover gnocchi. (ok, that was the last dig - I promise)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, please.

    I always put my salad on my pizza and eat it all with a fork and knife.

    call me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could totally go for this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I'm extra hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are few foods in life I won't eat and pineapple on pizza is one of them. blech! Throw anything else on there and I'm good.

    THIS I've got to try. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. killing me. KILLING me with this. please come over. and ha, potato pizza makes me think of sitting on the patio with you. did you have your wine in a ridiculous glass? i hope you did.

    this looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. way to make gorgeous sophisticated pizza, more enticing even with wine. So hungry now, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Note to self: do NOT read Jason's whist eating a warmed up can of soup for lunch at work. Jealousy will ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pizza. Send me this, please?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. It's almost too beautiful to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn. Sign me up. Starch indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mhm... Potato pizza. Your crust looks great - did you make it from scratch?
    Really good pizza doesn't need heavy tomato sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness! Your food pictures are fantastic! I am learning how to cook (and take a few pictures of my progress when I get the chance) and these images are very encouraging. Makes me wanna celebrate the learning process! Thanks for sharing them! Love the processing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It appears my previous comment was deleted...odd.
    This pizza looks absolutely delicious, and your pictures are simply divine. I recently ran across your blog through The Style Manual, and am happy to be your newest subscriber.
    Lovely!

    Paige Renae
    http://paigerenae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. great pictures! I have to try this pizza one of the next days...
    Your Blog is one of the best things I stumbled upon

    Love, beleye
    www.dresdenliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete