Monday, March 28, 2011









I'm officially obsessed with tulips, and today it's the ruffled-edges of these fiery parrots.  This variety opens further than the others, looking more like one of those stainless steamer baskets your Mom never used.  If you were anything like me, you repurposed the contraption (with its metal petals folding over one another) as a spaceship for your Lego men.  No?  Just me?

Below, a few songs for your listening enjoyment.







Songs for April

  1. The First Days of Spring - Noah and the Whale 
  2. Lay Down in the Tall Grass - Timber Timbre
  3. These Flowers - Martha Wainwright
  4. Now, More Than Ever - Jim Guthrie
  5. Grown Man -  Jessica Lea Mayfield
  6. Come in Please - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
  7. Pickin' Up the Pieces - Fitz and the Tantrums
  8. One Who Really Loves You - Booker T. and the MG's
  9. Love House - Caribou
10. Love and Let Love - Gossip
11. Almost There - The Album Leaf
12. Close to Paradise - Patrick Watson
13. How Come - Ray LaMontagne
14. When the Night Comes - Dan Auerbach
15. Stem - Hayden


Note: To keep the songs in this order (which you should do!) select all the files in the folder and then drag them into a New Playlist you've created in iTunes.  




4 comments:

  1. these photos are just lovely.

    thanks again for the free music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tulips rock and so does this playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty spring pics. I'm totally with you on the flying saucer steamer basket. Only my mom would take it away because she did actually use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never occurred to me to actually play with that steamer basket. But yes, we had it too. Never used.
    And for the record - I want to listen to your playlist first before I comment! (Read your complaint tweet about ungrateful readers...)
    I am always happy about the playlists because you have introduced me to lots of artists I didn't know before - I need to give this particular one a little more time.

    ReplyDelete