Tuesday, August 10, 2010










That mojito post got me reminiscing about Cuba.

It's a magical place, sun-soaked and freeze-framed in the 1950s.  Our trip was nearly 6 years ago, and I doubt much has changed as far as dusty buildings and charmingly-dilapidated facades go.  I'm sure vintage cars are still banked on side streets, their retro-fitted German parts finally kaput.  And I bet the ladies in Havana are still smoking their giant cigars, an impressive sideshow at a peso-per-picture.  















(January 2005)


9 comments:

  1. ahhh look how young you look! like a teenager!

    awesome pics - i'm dying to go to cuba...especially before our neighbours to the south are allowed in (which i have a feeling will be very soon)...i'm eager to see it as it is now - before the charm is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, kay!
    No offense, you filthy Americans*, but it's the only place on earth without a Walmart!




    *Kidding. Mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could see it before we yanks get there and ruin everything too! Again Jason, sooo envious...

    These pictures are stunners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. those pics are amazing. and that is just so weird to think about... a whole place frozen in the 50s...

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT pictures, as always. Not all Americans are filthy. Your hair was so lush. Also, umm...EtsyshopbyJason. Redux.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove Cuba! Havana is by far one of the most beautiful, interesting cities (and I don't even like cars!).

    Not only is there no wal-mart, but there are no ads, billboards, nadda anywhere! It's beautiful, and so are your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    Outside of communist eastern-Europe, it really is hard to find a place without ads. And it's pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK. Those beautiful ladies with cigars gave me slight heart palpitations. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you, bawkbawk. Your whole blog does that to me.

    ReplyDelete