Monday, July 12, 2010











Seven years.  It's hard to believe Jeff and I have been together that long, but today is the day we met, in 2003.  He, fresh-faced with an asymmetrical haircut and I, a twenty-one year old Starbucks barista.

When I look at old photos I marvel at how young we looked.  A couple of kids, no doubt about that.  And now that cute fellow has become a handsome man, one that holds babies with ease and rewires light fixtures like a champ.  When he walks from a room I can't help but stare at his back, his shoulders once loose with the leisure of youth now a little heavier, but strong under the chattels of age.

Over the years we've gone from two boys busting around town in his Volkswagen Beetle to a pair of men who decided to become a family.  While I once recalled memories as easily as pulling data from a memory stick, the millions of details are getting foggy, now distilled into a feeling.  I'm starting to understand why, instead of specifics, my Mom tells me that as a baby, I was good.  These things have a way of becoming simple: good, happy, yes, rest, comfort, quiet, love.   


















(Top to bottom: I wooed him with a photoshoot a month into dating, 2003.  A trip to Jamaica, 2006. Me, 2007. Him, 2007. Nick and Natasha's wedding, 2008.  My birthday, 2009.  Mexico, February 2010. April 2010.  And yesterday, July 11, 2010.)

22 comments:

  1. "the millions of details are getting foggy, now distilled into a feeling" <-- i loooove this.

    you two are so handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess its time for me to make a comment...i haven't made one to this point because everyone here seems so articulate...and i've always been comfortable knowing i'm kinda the dumb one of the bunch...but WOW you two have grow soooo much...Physically only!...i know you guys well enough to know that mentally you haven't changed a bit!

    Nick of Nick and Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    Love all the pics ... I can't believe it's been 7 years already.
    Love you both
    xoxoxoxoxxo

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody.
    Nick is out of the comment closet! This might be as close as any of you get to a blog from Natasha. Ha! And, Nick, every group needs a dumb guy. We love you for filling that role.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, you two! 7 is a lucky number.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 years! Happy anniversary you handsome men. Love that 6th pic so much. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. Please publish your book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary my sweeties

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you both. As a veteran of 32 years together (this coming December) I really do wish you both the best for your future together. Seriously, happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulously handsome couple you make! Happy Anniversary love your blog, your pictures are fantastical

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, Jason, this is great. Me and my guy have been together almost five years now - this post made me spend a good half hour or so scrolling through my iPhoto library from our uni days (when we met) to now - like you two, lots of changes over the years! Happy seven years to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, friends.

    Blue! 32 years?! My goodness. That's lovely.

    Isn't it nice to take a photographic-walk down memory lane, Will? All of my old discs full of the really ancient stuff are packed away in storage. And I'm a little afraid of going back toooo far. 135lbs didn't look good on me - Never thought I'd be happy to gain 15lbs, but here I am.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww, babies! really, the two of you make my eyes shine a little. such happiness, here's my wish for years and years of more of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary to you both. Seven years = big respect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Photographic journeys are the best, Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to the both of you. You look so happy and that is amazing. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "the millions of details are getting foggy, now distilled into a feeling"...dear GOD...that sentiment is PERFECTION. This makes me tear up in all the good ways.

    Such babies you both were. Beautiful then. Beautiful now.

    ReplyDelete