Tuesday, July 20, 2010








For us, a first-stop on any trip to the States is J. Crew.  Canadians are deprived of its charms (but not for long, I hear!) so I tend to get a bit panicky and desperate to peruse its shelves when we cross the border.

I got this fantastic belt for $6.  That's right.  I've always had a thing for whales.  In grade five I did a Social Studies project on the blue whale, so this humpback really got me going.  I've never been one for novelty belt buckles, I mean, obviously, but this one feels more classic than, say, a pair of handcuffs or a Jack Daniels logo.






10 comments:

  1. I love that belt, I almost bought it for my husband. Love it with the large gingham check!
    Yes I also panic when I visit a JCrew brick & mortar store, it's quite funny.

    $5 is a great deal, I bet you snagged some other bargains as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JCrew is going to Canada...so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. You can definitely pull it off. ("Grade five" cracks me up.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all.
    Tommy - 5th Grade? Feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm loving it...such a breath of fresh air. You write so candidly,I feel like I know you and your friends...Just wanted to let you know you have a new follower that is lovin the blog!

    Oh and J. Crew is where its at...can't wait for the fall clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. David! How generous! You made my day. Feel free to comment on the back entries, I'll be sure to read and respond!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat belt, J. I totally couldn't pull it off, though! Liking that illustration at the bottom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I love the whale buckle, something unqiue with a bit of an innocence:-) Yr photography is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How often do you wear that belt?

    ReplyDelete