Tuesday, July 27, 2010








My friends over at Kitka recently posted a hodgepodge of cottage photos - We must be drinking the same lake water, because I had the same thing in mind. 

We've progressed in the bunky, our new blue lamps and Pottery Barn shades perfection.  We found two white side tables that are great at our bedside and a slew of Ikea textiles add the right colours and textures.  

And we've finally decided what to do with the floors.  We're going to tear up the carpet (a hideous commercial-industrial grey) and lay down plywood.  Not only will this add structural support to our lakeside abode, but when painted-out in glossy white, they'll brighten the place up incredibly.  If we get really ambitious, we might take the paint up and over the walls and ceiling rafters to really blow-out the space, otherwise that project can wait until next year.  





















11 comments:

  1. le sigh. looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason. The lamps sure do look good. Is that yellow piccie of a striped yellow rug from Ikea? If so, I have the same one in my hallway! A bargain at under £2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it, Will, that's the one. We got one in blue and one in red too, scattered about the bunkie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, Mina! I want a bunkie. I am digging the curtains and those lamps and your renovation ideas. J, you've got it going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great curtain choice...looks classicly comfortable Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello cute faces (little ones and your Mr.)! The lamps look smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! i was just doing some contract pr work today and had to get circ numbers from cottage life. when i saw the mag i immediately though - ooooh jason's cottage should be featured...' then i saw they have an annual cottage photo contest and thought 'i MUST tell jason to enter..'

    nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cottage is so dreamy. Sigh...

    My roommate is moving out in two weeks and I am SO looking forward to painting and decorating and documenting it all on the bl-izz-og.

    If I have any design questions my fingers will come a-flitting to your site to ask lots of questions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glossy white plywood floor: genius! I salivated picturing it because I also have an industrial grey carpet I'm looking to replace. Love the wall in that first pic (wasn't your wood paneling fake? This doesn't look fake.) I'd wait before painting the walls. Live with the contrast for a while - you might like it. Besides, if you manage to do floors AND walls in one summer, I will really hate your ambitious guts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everybody!
    Hey Suzanne, nice to hear from you.
    It's definitely fake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, yes, yes...okay. Read this. I'm thinking I locked in maybe a month or two later but I remember poking around through this stuff. So it seems I started growing to like you just under a year before we actually met.

    ReplyDelete