Monday, June 21, 2010

POPULARLY CULTURAL
  A Strong Recommendation

I haven't made mention of Modern Family (outside of gratuitous Tweets) on the blog, but thought it might be time.  I don't even know what to say, really, that won't just sound like maniacal, over-the-top praise, but really. If you didn't watch season one, set your TiVo and catch it in repeats over the summer.  It's easily in the same league as 30 Rock and Arrested Development.  But with a more heart.  Get on board, people.  



6 comments:

  1. of course i LOVE this post as i am a HUGE MF fan. i tweet about it so much that Modern Family is following ME on twitter. Yup. Easily the best new show of the year i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I got on board about 3/4 of the way through the season, and I'm kicking myself. It's genius.

    (I also agree about 30 Rock--haven't missed an episode!--and have all seasons of
    Arrested Development queued up by my TV.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it comes to the UK...not seen it over these parts just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing. Brilliant and so funny. Especially when you can watch it on Air Canada during a late flight from Montreal and you have to sit beside woman who brought her own Tim Horton's sandwich on board.

    The cast all look amazing in this image BTW (well okay except for Ed O'Neill)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on the Norman Rockwell painting!
    Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phil may be one of my favorite TV characters ever- certainly in my top 20.

    ReplyDelete