Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Happy!


Just when I thought my body couldn't take another rich, decadent meal, Christmas Day was upon us and we arrived to the magnificent smells of Natasha's home cooking. We decided last year that we'd spend this day together, the four of us, with wine and food and good cheer.

And how.

The menu: Celeriac and cabbage soup with chorizo sausage, chives and parmesan cheese. A spinach salad with cranberry vinaigrette and manchego. Scalloped sweet and Yukon gold potatoes and green beans tossed with hazelnuts, shitake mushrooms and sauteed onions. Rib roast with a dijon mustard and rosemary glaze.

Followed by an amazing inside out blackforest cake. Let heaven and nature sing!


7 comments:

  1. That's the most astounding cake I've ever seen!!! Oh that Natasha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks gorgeous.
    massi

    ReplyDelete
  3. if Natasha does not start a food blog in 2010 i just might have to start licking my computer screen. seriously jason - convince her!!!

    everything looks DELICIOUS as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am completely jell-capped once again.

    Viva Natasha! (When is her blog going to debut?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My God, that menu makes me weep.

    ReplyDelete