Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home


We moved into our apartment three-and-a-half weeks ago.  Somehow it feels like we've lived here forever.   I don't remember what it's like to walk down the street to my own front door; I've officially gotten accustomed to lobbies and elevators and balconies overlooking the city.

It happened quietly and without warning, perhaps because I was distracted by my new job.  I tore off a major Bandaid, changing everything in one fell swoop.  And somehow it became June 9 today!  I was in a meeting discussing June 18 as if it was weeks away and a colleague was like "Dude!  Today's June 9!"  Shocking!

We've settled-in, despite the time warp.  


2 comments:

  1. I love everything about that picture, especially the green platter-thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like that picture of Jeff lying on his side is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete