Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Where the Shit Have I Been?!


Okay, so I know I've been MIA. I know I've been the worst kind of blogger. I don't want to go on about how busy I've been or how everything in my life has changed or how 2009 might be the greatest year on record. And, in that, I won't discuss my nihilistic fears, like, how could all these good things happen without something bad on its way down the pike?

I won't do that.

Instead I'll tell you that we close our apartment on Friday and I got a new job that I'll start on the 25th of May. It's a great step up and a fantastic new challenge and I'll be in charge of shit in a major way. I might go loco for choco-puffs with all this change. Time will tell.

On the home front, our drapes are in production - I chose a lovely eggplant corduroy. The weight and material fairly masculine with just the right hit of softness in the colour. We've hired a contractor and he'll start bright and early on Saturday tearing out a closet, laying down some tile. We hired two strapping young men to paint; that'll happen some time next week. It's all coming together.

I was doing my thrice-daily flip through Apartment Therapy today and came upon Tom Colicchio's (Top Chef) apartment. I love it. Bright and clean, yet warm. Manly and chic, all at once.

I know you haven't heard from me lately, but there are many posts to come while we settle-in to our new digs. Before and after's like you won't believe!


3 comments:

  1. Please tell me that's a picture of an apartment that you'd like to have and not a picture of your actual apartment! A new job, a fantastically awesome new apartment, two strapping young painters?!?! You're doing something right, Mister, enjoy it! Keep us posted on your new pad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's your new job?! (I just tried e-mailing you at your .mac address and it didn't work. E-mail me and tell me things. frig.)

    ReplyDelete