Monday, April 6, 2009

The Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Lo Bosworth


I'm coming out of the closet.  Jeff and I watch both The Hills and The City in an avid, rabid, desperate way.  We sing the theme songs, we know the ins-and-outs of every dramatic arch, and we get totally lost in the obvious editing and ludicrous stagecraft.  

Season 5 premiered tonight on MTV and it was everything they promised. Crying, fighting, shopping and cocktails - The same combo of delights we remember from The Golden Girls.  I love nothing more than these three things on a Monday night:

1) Lauren and Lo
2) Dan Levy
3) and several Kelly Clarkson power ballads.

Judge me if you must, but this is the shit dreams are made of.  It's like a trainwreck on the deck of the Titanic.  


5 comments:

  1. oh you know i love it too! it's a tough sell on people who have never watched though. its the best of the worst tv!! i don't have mtv so i have to watch it online. off to see season 5 begin now! whhaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I was there with you via ichat to share some of the premiere excitement.. I impatiently await for it to hit the internet..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A train wreck on the deck of the titanic" Genius. I died.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lolol. i used to work closely with this show. i've met most of the cast (the gals) and they are pretty nice in "real life."

    but yes, this show is totally a guilty pleasure watch for me.

    ReplyDelete