Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Face I Make A Lot


It's not until you take a series of self-absorbed self portraits that you see your true colours.

My parents always got annoyed with me for being condescending and arrogant. I didn't really mean to be, I just happened to make nasty faces. I have very little control over my expressions, over my feelings in general. I wear my heart on my sleeve and my bitchiness on my face. If you see this face, please know I don't mean it. Well, unless you're being totally stupid or saying something I don't care to hear. Ha-ha.



10 comments:

  1. I could stare at that condescending and arrogant face for hours, and still be perfectly happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a compliment I hope. Forgive the obvious undertone of too many glasses of scotch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scotch is dangerous. Does anyone call you Scotch Fazzini?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, but sometimes Scottish (p.s. I'm Italian)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a youthful sneer, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that face is hilarious - as are you, a very talented, very funny, easy to read writer. How in heavens name I accidentally tripped into your blog beats me, but I'm glad it happened. I am the mother of a beautiful daughter, bright and funny, who lives far away. Your blog opens my mind - you write so engagingly - so endearingly. I can't wait to tell her about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, DD!
    That's so very nice of you to say. Thank you so much. And thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My god, you look like a BABY in this photo! Was this from 2009? And I've seen that face. Live and in person. On a fair number of occasions, I think.

    ReplyDelete