Friday, January 16, 2009

Clothed for Business


I'm a bit obsessed with clothes since being in New York. I'd like to offer a couple of fantastic websites for your perusal. I love the newish trend of shops having blogs - They can keep things up-to-date and fresh all the time. These two are particularly well-managed with great content, photos and lots of detail.

The images above are from the first one: mensrag.com. It's more of an editorial blog, culling together trends and designers and boutiques from all over the world. Be warned: It's gonna make you want to redefine your personal style with each and every click. This site also includes bits on music, art and pop culture in general.

The second is a men's clothing store out of Seattle, Washington called Blackbird. They hock their own goods from a variety of designers and sources in their online store and also have a really great blog, showcasing new items all the time with lots of detail shots, so sharp you'd think you were feeling the material in the showroom. The yellow trench to the right makes me quiver. I want it so bad.

Unfortunately, these sources don't offer much in the way of cheap, so I won't be doing any online shopping, that's for sure. The inspiration and sartorial eye candy are enough to satisfy. For now.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind words!!!! I'm going through your blog and I really enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    Thanks mensrag! I cannot stop looking through your site.

    Your Site Meter is gonna go MENTAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA!

    "Your Site Meter is gonna go MENTAL."

    I love it!

    I've noticed I'm on your blogroll, I'm adding you to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have much more to go through, but definitely spent hours on mensrag today. Good stuff. Although I feel poor and understyled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled upon your blog....quite addictive. I'm def. gonna follow closely. -well done!

    ReplyDelete